This page holds resources for the BPS/BSC professional development course: Differentiating Instruction with Technology. Why do we need differentiated Instruction? Check out this site on Misunderstood Minds.
Resources on Differentiating Instruction
The following are links to material on research and strategies to differentiate instruction
- Everything DI
- Bloom's Taxonomy
- Differentiated Instruction by Tracy Hall.
- Differentiating Instruction For Advanced Learners In the Mixed-Ability Middle School Classroom by Carol Ann Tomlinson
- Using Technology to Support Diverse Learners
- Teaching in mixed-ability classrooms
- Integrated Vocabulary Instruction: meeting the needs of diverse learners
- Language, Learners and Technology: Meeting the needs of Diverse learners
- Differentiating Instruction and Student Blogs
- Technology Tool Kit for Universal design.
These links are to some of the tools that can be used to create learning resources and activities that support diverse learner needs. Some are paid web resources that are available to teachers in our district.
- netTrekker di
- Atomic Learning
- Moodle our district moodle site
- Discovery Streaming
- The Periodic Table of Visualization
- The Web 2.0 tools listed on this wiki.
- AnswerTips is a tool you can use with a blog or website. It allows a user to double click on a word to see a definition comes up, also an icon to read the word. Great accessibility tools for those with limited English and reading skills.
- Lit-to_go a free resource of books and poems in MP3 format.